TRICARE beneficiaries are eligible to participate in the Self Care Over-the-Counter Medication Program. The medications are for acute use only. Check-in at the pharmacy to complete the required questionnaire to participate in the program. Additionally, medications for tobacco cessation assistance are available. Talk with the pharmacist for options.
TRICARE Pharmacy Program
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool to look-up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
To start your search, you’ll need to put in the brand name or generic name of the drug and then select the strength prescribed, as well as your gender and age.